I don't really come up with New Year's Resolution list 'coz eventually I'm bound at being disappointed at seeing myself failing to fulfill it as the year wears on. This year, I decide to write down a list, not of aspirations but of actions. At least, it's some sort of things to-do which I'm better at keeping, and not some sort of wishful thinking. This is in no particular order BTW.
1. Seek a derma consultation and allot budget for treatment.
Three people already suggested this to me and I'm not dense to realise that my face isn't a hopeless case.
2. Move out of my parents' house and jumpstart on an independent bachelor lifestyle.
Cavite is starting to become unbearable for me. Also tutal naman na-experience ko nang mamuhay nang mag-isa sa abroad, I believe I'm ready for that over here as well. All I need is a definite response from a potential housemate and a definite location.
3. Engage in a highly-physical activity and get on with it at least once a month for a start.
Yes, it starts with S. I miss sport climbing, even though I have a semi-traumatic experience of having to experience humiliation from an antipatiko instructor back in college. (Sayang ang gwapo pa naman niya and I dig kalbo guys pa naman.)
4. Brush up on my French.
Sayang kasi ang 6 units of French back college kung di ko rin naman magagamit. Besides, I don't wanna cease learning. Having gotten out of the university ain't a good excuse at all.
5. Learn the ropes of table-turning.
This has been on my head since early college days. I've downloaded videos from the Net and even downloaded FL Studio. I even listen to club tracks every now and then and get the feel of being the guy who makes people dance the night away.
6. Defy my own self-imposed conventions as far as meeting people.
I just miss my New Zealand days. I remember meeting my set of friends in Wellington when I decided to walk in a church service, despite knowing that I'm the only Asian guy there. Why can't I be the same guy back home?
7. Allot budget for a brand-new laptop.
This is the only electronic gadget I'm really aiming to have by next year, siguro pag na-regular na ko sa work. Now all I need to do is to check out laptop specs.
I think you should also include hairstyle before or equally weighted to #1. I mean your hair looks great now, but I think it's the cheapest part that can be improved on before derma. After all, what's a face with just a normal haircut. Great hair + great face = win!!
ReplyDelete@joey I only listed down those items na most likely eh mangangailangan ng effort on my part. For hairstyle kasi, mas madali na naman for me to visit salons. Well anyway, bronx and I tried out Toni&Guy in Megamall last Wednesday and looks like babalikan ko na siya every month. =)
ReplyDelete