2010/02/09

Of fuel and eggs

I'm just glad that our gathering last Saturday turned out to be a success. What matters anyway is that we had fun and enjoyed one another's company, regardless on the actual turn-out, right?

I'm not the best storyteller in the world, so I'm gonna skip the details. I'll just focus on some random realisations, post-February 6 gathering:
  • Having met 2 non-forum guys (who happened to be friends of someone I really look up to), I realised that it's about time I stop placing all my eggs in a single basket. For almost a year since I declared my being a PLU, all the other PLUs I've met are from the forum I frequent to. While it's really fun to be with quite a number of them (and a few turned out to be real-life buddies, well outside gatherings that is), I guess they're just a subset of what's really out there.

    Anyway, these 2 guys happened to be bloggers. And I admitted to them that I'm not that confident yet as far as my blogging skills are concerned. Thankfully, I've gotten some words of wisdom from them regarding that matter, albeit we only got to hang out within a limited period. Nonetheless, I hope it isn't the last time I'm gonna meet them. In fact, I hope this is a start of a new season for me. I haven't enjoyed meeting new people like this, ever since I gotten back from New Zealand. I hope to really meet and make new friends (and ehem who knows?) through various means and situations being presented to me.
  • Despite a personal/not-so-personal setback I experienced early last week, I'm thankful that the event somewhat vindicated me and my friends. I just realised that the situation that upset me only fuelled all the more my desire to see through the event's success. It has happened to me several times before.

    Back in elementary, I endured incessant bullying from my classmates and ended up as valedictorian. High school, I finished valedictorian despite experiencing being alienated from my batchmates, because of my being nerd and un-cool. (I don't drink, smoke, go out, have any girlfriend back then, was rather short and thin, wore glasses, ad infinitum.) In college, I remember this incident wherein my sport-climbing instructor was singling me out during our class because he thought I was being pathetic during wall climbs. Come finals, I proved him wrong for belittling me. I may not have reached the top of the wall, but I managed to reach the point where he thought I would fail. (Sayang, type ko pa naman siya maski papaano. Hahaha.)
Indeed, one song I sang during the videoke session was apt to sum up that night. Altogether now..

"I gotta feeling, that tonight's gonna be a good night.."

5 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for entertaining my friends. And they enjoyed your company. Like I said to Bronx that night, you deserve recognition for your efforts. It was after all, unjust for others to look down on you. Marami pa sana akong gustong sabihin, but I will reserve it for some other time. Take care of SNAGG because its a very very old thread. It took care of me when I was just exploring.

    I will link you. May you find kindred souls in blogspace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, my sincerest appreciation for allowing us to crash your sing-along salu-salo that evening. Although we only stayed for a while, you were such a gracious and accommodating host. We had a blast. Jamming tayo uli. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, thank you for your kind words.

    @Galen I already mentioned some stuff in the e-mail. Hope to meet you again, soon. =)

    @red the mod We're pleased to have you that night. Yes, we'll be glad to see you again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry i got to visit the blogsphere just now. mejo busy. thank you for letting us crash into your world that night. much that i wanted to regale the group but i guess you would thank me more for just listening hehehe.

    hey, galing mong sumulat. i'll be coming back here again and again and again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @COLORBLIND Indeed, thanks for listening and of course for gracing our gathering that night. And yes thanks for those nice words. =)

    ReplyDelete