Back in my freshman year, "No Such Thing", which was from his breakthrough album Room for Squares, was a huge hit in the US and here. First line goes, "Welcome to the real world, she said to me condescendingly.." Indeed, college life was a peep hole into that so-called real world I'm gonna be stepping into years after that. I remember that I was a sheltered teenager back then whose bubble got burst when I studied in the State University and got exposed to many different kinds of people, ideas and experiences that's continually changing me up to this very day.
That same academic year, "Love Song for No One" was released on radio. It's just funny how up to this day I find myself singing the line "I'm tired of being alone, so hurry up and get here.." And now that S.A.D. is fast approaching, I'm being reminded yet again of how exciting it is to be a single guy (and, at the back of my head, wonder how it is to be on the other end of the spectrum, if you know what I'm saying).
Other John Mayer songs that are in my favourites list would have to be "New Deep", "Clarity", "Daughters" (all from Heavier Things), "Waiting on the World to Change", "Dreaming with a Broken Heart" (both from Continuum), "Say" (from The Bucket List soundtrack) and "Heartbreak Warfare" (from his latest album Battle Studies).
And I now officially include this song in the list.
Title: Half of My Heart (feat. Taylor Swift)
Artist: John Mayer
Album: Battle Studies
I was born in the arms of imaginary friends
Free to roam, made a home out of everywhere I've been
Then you come crashing in, like the realest thing
Trying my best to understand all that your love can bring
Oh half of my heart's got a grip on the situation
Half of my heart takes time
Half of my heart's got a right mind to tell you
That I can't keep loving you
Oh, with half of my heart
I was made to believe I'd never love somebody else
I made a plan, stay the man who can only love himself
Lonely was the song I sang, 'til the day you came
Showing me a better way and all that my love can bring
Oh half of my heart's got a grip on the situation
Half of my heart takes time
Half of my heart's got a right mind to tell you
That I can't keep loving you
Oh, with half of my heart
With half of my heart
Your faith is strong
But I can only fall short for so long
Time will hold, later on
You will hate that I never gave more to you than half of my heart
But I can't stop loving you
But I can't stop loving you
But I can't stop loving you with half of my...
Half of my heart
Half of my heart
Half of my heart's got a real good imagination
Half of my heart's got you
Half of my heart's got a right mind to tell you
That half of my heart won't do
Half of my heart is a shotgun wedding to a bride with a paper ring
And half of my heart is the part of a man who's never really loved anything
Half of my heart
Half of my heart
Half of my heart
Half of my heart
Half of my heart
Half of my heart
POSTSCRIPT: This post was partly inspired by red the mod's most recent series of blog entries.
Having experienced and learned many things as a PLU, what one great advice would you give to someone who's new in the PLU scene?
ReplyDelete- Dito ko na lagay yung sagot -
Maintain a very close circle of friends. They would stick with you through thick or thin, and most likely, these are the very people you would keep for life. :)
@Galen Thanks for this, Kuya! =)
ReplyDelete